Create stunning flower shapes with these steel ball chains. For examples of many artists using this technique, search Google for "chain pull technique".
How to use a chain:
- Ensure you have a base color covering the whole of the canvas.
- Set the chains aside and pour different colored paints onto the chains. Allow the paint to sit for a few seconds to stick to the chain. Then pick the chain up and place it on the canvas in a pattern.
- Slowly pull the chain off the canvas in one direction.
Cleaning Instructions for chains
- Act Promptly: It is best to clean the chain as soon as possible after using acrylic paint. Fresh paint is easier to remove than dried or cured paint.
- Submerge in cold water immediately after using the chain, it is crucial to prevent the paint from drying on the surface. Submerge the chain in water as soon as possible after use. This step will stop the paint drying and make it easier to clean.
- Rinse the chain under a stream of high-pressure cold water. The high pressure will help remove paint from the cup. Ensure that all the paint residue is washed away.
- Air Dry: Once the chain is free of acrylic paint, pat it dry with a clean towel or leave it to air dry in a well-ventilated area.